Cooking with Turmeric: Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe
This vinaigrette is excellent for mixed green salads or cold, steamed broccoli or cauliflower. It’s especially good with bitter greens such as chicory or radicchio. Quantities of ingredients are approximate. Vary to suit your taste. MAKES 1/3 CUP
• 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar or mild wine vinegar
• 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 to 3 teaspoons honey
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 clove garlic, mashed
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Whisk the ingredients to mix, then pour over the greens and serve. As a vinaigrette, pour over steamed broccoli or green beans and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.
Cornelia Carlson holds a doctorate in biochemistry and is an avid grower and user of herbs. She writes frequently for Herbs for Health and is the author of The Practically Meatless Gourmet (Berkley, 1996). She writes from her home in Arizona.
If you would like to obtain a reference list for this article, please e-mail email@example.com.
Stay hydrated this season with refreshing summer drinks.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Learn the basics of growing greens, making homemade salad dressing, and building delicious seasonal salads with these healthy salads from Mother Earth Living.