Cooking with Turmeric: Green Beans with Turmeric Glaze Recipe
Turmeric is a natural flavor mate to any dried or fresh bean. This is a particularly good way to treat fresh, tender beans. SERVES 4 TO 6
• 1 pound fresh green beans
• 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
• Pinch salt
1. Rinse and trim the beans. Simmer with a few tablespoons of water until just tender (4 to 10 minutes).
2. Drain and return to the pan. Drizzle the remaining ingredients over the beans in the order listed. Toss together and serve hot or warm.
Cornelia Carlson holds a doctorate in biochemistry and is an avid grower and user of herbs. She writes frequently for Herbs for Health and is the author of The Practically Meatless Gourmet (Berkley, 1996). She writes from her home in Arizona.
If you would like to obtain a reference list for this article, please e-mail email@example.com.
Stay hydrated this season with refreshing summer drinks.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Learn the basics of growing greens, making homemade salad dressing, and building delicious seasonal salads with these healthy salads from Mother Earth Living.