Try This Out: Refreshing Hibiscus Chia Drink Recipe
Chia (Salvia hispanica) is a beautiful flowering herb in the mint family native to Central America. When soaked in water, the mucilaginous nature of the seed makes chia a diverse ingredient for smoothies, baked goods, sprouting, and soothing drinks. These marbled black, gray, and cream colored seeds are little treasure troves of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber and antioxidants!
This Hibiscus Chia Drink recipe gives the traditional chia fresca drink a creative twist. The tartness of hibiscus tea paired with the sweetness of honey and the viscous chia gel come together in superbly refreshing harmony. This chia seed drink will also help you harness the health benefits of chia seed; not only delicious and nourishing, it is the perfect demulcent treat to help soothe and relax mucus membranes in your digestive system that may be irritated by acid reflux or ulcers.
Hibiscus Chia Drink
• 1 tablespoon organic Hibiscus High Tea (or a mix of dried hibiscus, lemongrass, peppermint and orange peel)
• 1 tablespoon organic hibiscus flowers, dried
• 1 handful fresh or frozen berries, mashed
• 2 tablespoons raw local honey
• 3 to 4 tablespoons organic chia eeds
1. Make a quart of tea using the Hibiscus High and hibiscus flowers.
2. While the tea is hot, stir in the honey until completely dissolved.
3. Allow to cool in the refrigerator overnight.
4. The next day, when your tea is cold, mash the berries and stir them into the infusion.
5. Add the chia seeds to your tea and stir well.
6. Allow the chia seeds to produce gel for about an hour, or longer if you can wait!
7. Shake the tea before serving and enjoy cold!
Feel free to experiment with your favorite teas, juices, herbs, and fruits for even more chia possibilities!
Monitor your histamine intake with these simple, healthy dishes that pack plenty of palate-pleasing flavor.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Immune-Boosting Juice Recipe
Check out how the Ayurvedic principles could help to boost your immunity with this recipe for immune-boosting juice which can be included in the diet daily.