Product Review: Choice Organic Tea Introduces Summertime Flavors
By Gina Souders
June is National Iced Tea Month, and Choice Organic Teas is introducing three new teas into its collection just in time: Rooibos Chai, Masala Chai and Decaffeinated Green.
Both of their chai blends are made with the warming spices cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, clove and black pepper.
Try these new teas and some fun variations on the usual iced tea recipe, courtesy Choice Organic Teas, below:
Add lemon to your iced tea for extra flavor.
Photo by Francesco83/Fotolia
Rooibos Chai Amaretto Iced Tea
• 2 Choice Organic Teas Rooibos Chai tea bags
• 8 ounces boiling water
• 1 cup ice
• 2 ounces Amaretto
1. Pour boiling water over tea bags and steep for 6 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags and pour over glass with ice.
3. Once cooled down, stir in Amaretto and add additional ice if desired.
Iced Masala Chai Cocktail
• 8 Choice Organic Teas Masala Chai tea bags
• 4 cups water
• 8 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
• 8 tablespoons light rum
• 4 glasses filled with ice
1. Boil 4 cups of water, then pour over tea bags and steep for 5 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags and pour into 4 glasses filled with ice.
3. In each glass, stir in 2 tablespoons of light rum and top with 2 tablespoons condensed milk.
4. Stir while sipping.
Mint Decaf Green Iced Tea
• 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
• 6 Choice Organic Teas Decaffeinated Green tea bags
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 cups boiling water
• 3 cups cubed ice
1. Place honey and green tea bags in a 16-ounce measuring cup.
2. Pour boiling water over tea bags and honey and let steep for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place mint leaves and ice in a pitcher.
4. After steeping, remove tea bags and pour hot tea into pitcher, allowing entire mixture to cool. Serve immediately.
Stay hydrated this season with refreshing summer drinks.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Learn the basics of growing greens, making homemade salad dressing, and building delicious seasonal salads with these healthy salads from Mother Earth Living.