Tenacious Thyme: Baked Tilapia with Thyme and Green Olives
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 lemons, halved and thinly sliced
• 1 cup green olives, halved
• 8 to 10 thyme sprigs
• 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
• Freshly ground pepper
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 15- by 10- by 1-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Place onion, lemon slices, olives and thyme in bottom of pan; top with tilapia fillets. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve immediately. Garnish each serving with a sprig of thyme.
Caleb Melchior grows unusual herbs and perennials at Sugar Creek Gardens in Kirkwood, Missouri. He is also studying for a Master of Landscape Architecture degree at Kansas State University.
Click here for the main article, Befriending Tenacious Thyme.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!