Soup’s On: Thai Coconut Soup
By Tanya Carwyn
Thai Coconut Soup Recipe
When served over rice or rice noodles, this rich, flavorful Thai Coconut Soup makes a full meal.
2 cups vegetable stock
2 cups coconut milk
1 onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 to 2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 rib celery, sliced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1 stalk lemongrass
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste (or to taste)
1 tablespoon brown sugar, rapadura or other natural sweetener
1 tablespoon fish sauce (or vegetarian version or tamari)
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 block firm tofu, cubed
1 head bok choy, sliced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Combine stock and coconut milk in a large saucepan or cast iron pot.
2. Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, ginger, lemongrass, curry paste, sweetener and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add mushrooms, tofu and bok choy. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
4. Flavor with lime juice and more fish sauce, if desired.
5. Serve over cooked brown rice or rice noodles, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Read the original article, Soup’s On: Hearty Winter Soup Recipes.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!