A Plate Full of Veggies: Fennel, Spinach and Orange Salad with Ginger Dressing
By Pat Crocker
Fennel bulb lends a delicate anise flavor to the greens in this salad. Use as much fresh ginger as your taste dictates. SERVES 4
• 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar or brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves
• 2 oranges, sectioned
• 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1. In a salad bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, tamari, ginger, sugar and hot pepper flakes. Add spinach, oranges, fennel and red onion and toss to coat.
Author of 12 cookbooks including her latest, Everyday Flexitarian (Whitecap Books, 2011), Pat Crocker is a culinary herbalist and green cook.
Click here for the main article, A Plate Full of Veggies.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!