Love Obsession: Lavender Lemonade Recipe
You can prepare plain lemonade and then add a lavender syrup or make it from scratch as this Lavender Lemonade recipe specifies. Either way, get ready to make copies of this Lavender Lemonade recipe for whoever tries it. LAVENDER LEMONADE SERVES 6
• 4 cups filtered water
• 1 cup sugar or honey
• 2 tablespoons dried lavender buds or 4 tablespoons fresh lavender
• 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• Lavender sprigs for garnish
1. Combine water, sugar or honey and lavender in a saucepan and heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and allow to steep until cool, about 20 minutes.
2. Pour mixture through a fine-screened colander or cheesecloth into a pitcher. Add lemon juice and stir. Serve in glasses filled with ice and garnished with a lavender sprig or lemon wheel.
This article is excerpted from The Lavender Lover’s Handbook (Timber Press, 2012) by Sarah Berringer Bader. Sarah owns the Lavender At Stonegate Farm in West Linn, Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Lavender Plant Love & Obsession.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!