Recipes Worth a Mint: Grilled Salmon Fillets with Pineapple Mint Mango Salsa
Grilled Salmon Fillets with Pineapple Mint Mango Salsa
A hollowed-out pineapple half makes a festive serving bowl for this fruity, refreshing salsa.
Pineapple Mint Mango Salsa
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple (1/2 medium pineapple)
- 1 ½ cups peeled, chopped, fresh mango (1 medium mango)
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons minced fresh pineapple mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Grilled Salmon Fillets
- 1½ pounds salmon fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh pineapple mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pineapple mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Combine the salsa ingredients at least several hours or as long as 2 days before serving; cover and refrigerate.
- Pat the salmon dry. Mix the salt, pepper and pineapple mint together, and sprinkle the mixture on both sides of the salmon.
- Pour the olive oil in a nonstick skillet or griddle and heat it on medium high. Sauté the salmon for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness, or until done (the flesh should just be opaque–do not overcook).
- Serve the hot salmon with the salsa. Garnish with fresh pineapple mint if desired.
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner is a food and travel writer based in Sonoma County, California, who specializes in the culinary life and products of the wine country.
Click here for the original article, Recipes Worth a Mint.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!