Dress for Success: Creamy Cucumber Dressing
By Jim Long
Good on green salads, or over sliced cucumbers and sweet onions. MAKES ABOUT 1/2 CUP
• 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
• 1 tablespoon white wine or rice vinegar
• 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
• 1 teaspoon fresh chopped chives or green onion tops
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• Dash salt and pepper
1. Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
2. Can be refrigerated for up to two days. Stir before serving.
Jim Long is the author of The Best Dressed Salad (Long Creek Herbs, 2006). Contact Jim via our website,www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.
Click here for the original article, Dress for Success: Salad Dressing Recipes.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!
Cooking With Wine
There are multiple uses for wine in the kitchen, some may surprise you!