Dress for Success: Basic Cobb Salad Dressing
By Jim Long
Makes about 4 cups
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• Juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 clove garlic
• Dash salt and pepper
• 1 cup olive oil
• 2 cups light vegetable oil
1. In blender, mix together all ingredients except oils.
2. With blender running on low speed, slowly add olive and vegetable oils, mixing well.
Jim Long is the author of The Best Dressed Salad (Long Creek Herbs, 2006). Contact Jim via our website,www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.
Click here for the original article, Dress for Success: Salad Dressing Recipes.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!
Cooking With Wine
There are multiple uses for wine in the kitchen, some may surprise you!