Herb-Flavored Vinegars: Creamy Herb Dressing Recipe
By Maggie Oster
This homemade Creamy Herb Dressing recipe is packed full of herb-rich flavors. MAKES 2 CUPS
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup buttermilk
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
• 3 tablespoons mixed-herb white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. For a more emulsified dressing, blend all ingredients except oil, then slowly drizzle in the oil with the blender running. Cover and chill for several hours before using to allow flavors to blend.
2. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator.
This article is excerpted from Herbal Vinegar © (Storey, 1994) by Maggie Oster, and used with permission from Storey Publishing.
Click here for the main article, Herb-Flavored Vinegars.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!