Cool Down with Iced Drinks: Icy Tomato-Herb Tonic
This hearty drink tastes a lot like a Bloody Mary without the vodka. If you can’t find fresh lovage, substitute minced celery leaves. SERVES 4
• 4 cups tomato juice
• 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup minced fresh lovage
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
• Celery sticks, for garnish
• Whole parsley and lovage sprigs, for garnish
1. Mix tomato juice with minced herbs, black pepper and soy sauce in a large pitcher.
2. Chill for several hours.
3. Garnish each serving with a celery stick and more fresh herbs.
Nanette Blanchard is a freelance food writer who tries to keep cool in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Click here for the main article, Cool Down with Iced Drinks.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!