Cool Down with Iced Drinks: Iced Green Tea Chai
Look for whole green cardamom pods at your health-food store or at an Indian market. This energizing drink is a great alternative to coffee. Try making it to help you get started in the morning. Green Tea Chai is also great as a hot drink. SERVES 4
• 4 cups water
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 tablespoon green cardamom pods
• 1 teaspoon whole cloves
• 2 tablespoons sliced fresh gingerroot
• 4 teaspoons green tea leaves
• Milk or non-dairy milk, to taste
• Sweetener to taste
1. Bring water to a boil. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and gingerroot. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add green tea.
2. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain and chill tea mixture.
3. Serve in chilled glasses with cold milk and sweetener to taste.
Nanette Blanchard is a freelance food writer who tries to keep cool in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Click here for the main article, Cool Down with Iced Drinks.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!