Lavender in the Kitchen: Lavender Lemonade
Makes 8 servings
A hint of lavender turns a classic thirst quencher into an unforgettably refreshing summer beverage.
- 6 cups water
- 13/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lavender blossoms
- 21/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh lavender sprigs
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add sugar, reduce heat and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, stir in lavender blossoms, cover and allow to steep for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Strain lavender mixture into a serving pitcher and stir in lemon juice. Cool and serve in individual glasses filled with crushed ice, and garnish with lavender sprigs.
Click here for the original article, Cooking with Lavender.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!