Lavender in the Kitchen: Lavender Lemon Cookies
Makes about 24 cookies
Years ago, while visiting a lavender grower, I was served a cookie lightly laced with lavender. The grower moved before I could ask for her recipe, so I experimented with my own until the batch came out just right.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 11/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 1 pinch salt, if desired
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whisk or beat in the egg, lemon juice and almond extract until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, lemon zest, lavender and salt. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and blend together to form a soft ball. Drop by teaspoon onto a nonstick cookie sheet, then flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Click here for the original article, Cooking with Lavender.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!