Lavender in the Kitchen: Lavender Fudge Brownies
Makes 1 (9-by-13-inch) pan
Lavender gives this favorite treat a unique dose of sweet floral accents.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 11/2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted cashews
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter and maple syrup, and melt in microwave or in a saucepan on the stove, then stir in chocolate chips until melted. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla. Stir in flour, cocoa, salt and lavender, blending well. Mix in cashews.
- Spread batter into a greased and floured 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the brownies pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan before cutting into squares and dust tops with powdered sugar, if desired.
Click here for the original article,Cooking with Lavender.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!