8 Lovely Lavender Recipes: Celebrate Lavender Festival Salad
By Joe Coca
Makes 8 to 10 servings
This summer salad recipe comes from the organizers of the Celebrate Lavender Festival, which happens at the peak of harvest every year. It features a tangy lavender dressing so versatile you will want to make extra to use for dipping and dusting all manner of raw and cooked vegetables.
• 5 tablespoons lemon juice
• 5 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
• 8 cups red and green oak leaf lettuce or other mixed salad greens, washed and dried
• 4 slices red onion
• 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced thin
• 1 large peach or nectarine cut into slices
• 1 to 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. In a large salad bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
2. Add the greens, onion, pepper, and fruit, toss with the dressing, and top with the feta cheese.
Adapted with permission from Purple Haze Lavender.
Click here for the original article, 8 Lovely Lavender Recipes.
Cooking with Herbs
Boost the flavor quotient of your meals by becoming an expert at cooking with herbs, with our useful guide to culinary herbs.
Herbs for Digestion: Bitters on the Go Recipe
Combine tinctures in this recipe to make a quick, easy, and clean concoction. Tuck a bottle of Bitters On The Go into your purse or travel bag for portable digestive support.
Mulling Spice Bag
This spice bag is simple to make, and a perfect addition to your next beverage!